Welcome to New Student Orientation at Georgia
Spring Semester 2016!
Thank you for choosing Georgia Perimeter College to start or restart your journey of discovery in higher education. We are proud to be your partner in your pursuit of a degree, personal development and career goals. You are joining a large, supportive community network of learners, explorers, and friends.
Before you begin: are you "Orientation Ready"?
"Orientation ready" means that:
- You have been fully admitted to the college,
- Your GPC User ID and email account have been established,
- All of your placement/testing information is complete.
You can verify your "orientation ready" status at www.gpc.edu/mystatus to ensure your GPC user ID and email account have been established. You will need your GPC email username and password in order to log into the new student orientation system. If you have not set your GPC user ID and password, please go to http://admissions.gpc.edu/next and follow the steps to do so. In case of technical difficulties, GPC’s technology service desk is available at 678-891-3460 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours. Visit http://depts.gpc.edu/servicedesk/ to view hours and services.
----->IMPORTANT!: If you have JUST BEEN ADMITTED, your user ID for the orientation system may not yet be ready. It can take several hours for the user id to be created. There is an option at www.gpc.edu/mystatus to request a text message on your cell phone when your user id has been created. If you are not "orientation ready", the system will not allow you to begin orientation programming.
Do I have to participate in New Student Orientation?
You are NOT required to participate if you are transient student (currently registered at another institution, but with permission to take courses at GPC) special student (earned bachelor’s degree and non-degree seeking), or a senior citizen student (in GPC’s Prime Timer Program). These students, however, may take part in orientation if they so wish.All other new, former, transfer, and online only students are required to participate. Transfer students with more than 30 GPC accepted credit hours are required to participate in online orientation but may opt-out of on-campus orientation part 2.
Failure to complete new student orientation will prohibit you from registering for classes.
Do I have to pay a New Student Orientation Fee?
There is a $ 15.00 fee for Orientation programming. You will be given an online payment option once you login to new student orientation. This fee must be paid before orientation programming begins. The $ 15.00 orientation fee may be paid online with a debit or credit card or in person at a GPC student accounts office with cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card during normal business hours.
General Information about Orientation at GPC
- You may complete the Orientation Part 1 (the online informational portion of the orientation program) at any time you wish -- day, night, or weekend.
- It is necessary to completely finish the online informational portion -- and pass the tests inside it -- before you may start Orientation Part 2.
- Space at Orientation Part 2 (the on-campus advisement sessions) will be limited. In order to get the best selection of class schedules, it is in your interest to complete orientation part 1 as quickly as possible.
- If the dates for the on-campus advisement sessions conflict with your schedule, you may attend the same session on any of our campuses.
- GPCS 1010 (First Year Seminar) is a new course at GPC – consider registering for this three (3) hour credit course that introduces you to GPC college life, provides information on expectations of college students and strategies for college success, and builds information literacy through investigation of a specific theme. Visit www.gpc.edu/fye for more information.
Let's Get Started!